HS18 CABLOC Maintenance and Inspection
Course Designed with the Revolutionary Vertical Lifeline System, Protecta Cabloc and Cabloc PRO, in mind. Part of a 2 course-series (HS17+HS18).
Who is the Course For?
The course is addressed to workers, supervisors and rescuers in industry or construction, who work at height and need to inspect CABLOC systems.
The course covers the following:
- Summary of the activities of periodic verification and maintenance of the Cabloc / Cabloc Pro system
- List of items to check
- Checking the fixed ladder
- Checking and maintaining the Cabloc / Cabloc Pro system itself
- Checking and maintaining the upper anchorage point
- Checking and maintaining the upper shock absorber
- Checking and maintaining the cable
- Checking and maintaining the cable guide
- Checking and maintaining the lower anchorage point
- Checking and maintaining the sphygmomanometer
- Checking and completing the system identification label
- Checking and maintaining the Cabloc / Cabloc Pro shuttle
- Carabinieri checking and maintenance
- Cabloc periodic inspection criteria
- Detecting deficiencies in a damaged Cabloc system
- Minimum 18 years old
- In good Health
- “Working at Height Capable” Medical Certificate
- HS17 certification or similar
Theoretical course / course location
- Safety Academy HQ
- Client HQ
- Duration: 2 hours
Practical course / course location
- Safety Academy or Client HQ
- Duration: 2 hours
Instructions for the Theoretical Exam
The theoretical part of the course ends with a test. Make sure you read and master the material in each module to give the correct answer to the questions. Choose the correct answer. Each question has only one correct answer. To take the test you must answer all the questions. The scale for passing the test is at least 80% correct answers. If you have not reached the scale, come back and answer again.
Instructions for the Practice Exam
The practical part of the course starts only after the test for the theoretical part has been passed. The programming for the practical part is done according to the trainers’ program. The practical part ends with an evaluation (practical test) of the degree of mastery of the student’s knowledge, made by the trainer. If the practical evaluation has been passed successfully, the certificate of graduation of the course is issued. The certificate is valid for 12 months.
Min. Trainee Numbers:
- Safety Academy HQ: 4 person
- Client HQ: 4 person
Safety Academy will schedule the practical course and will notify you when there is a group of at least 4 people.
Max. Trainee Numbers:
- Safety Academy HQ: 6 person
- Client HQ: 6 person
Complementary solutions with training for working at height
20 years experience in the field of safety.