Zero Workplace Accidents
Courses specially designed for work at height, taught by professional trainers.
Vocational training courses for working at height
HS5 Working at height Supervisor
The Working at height Supervisor course is designed to prepare supervisors to understand the responsibilities involved in working at height, legislation in force, and application rules. With the help of Safety Academy trainers, participants will be aware of the importance of their oversight role, the importance of awareness of hazards in working with height and how to act in dangerous situations.The course is designed so that participants can use logical thinking and apply the knowledge they gain in the field of work safety and safety procedures that have proven their efficiency in working at a height.
Safety Academy Trainers ensure that the information and training provided is relevant to the participants’ work environment and, where possible, responds to questions about specific situations faced by course participants.
To whom the course is addressed?
The course is addressed to people involved in working at height, including unprotected areas with difficult access and difficult to identify anchor points, with increased risk of injury. Chiefs, supervisors, site managers, and any other person who has responsibilities for staff and / or activities that are carried out at a height. It is also advisable to participate in the course and the people who manage the teams on the site.
Objectives and content of the course
- Health and safety legislation, operating standards
- Dangers of work at height, accurately assessing the risks to which a worker is exposed in this environment, both from the employee’s perspective and from the employer
- Risk assessment and the implementation of effective controls
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), characteristics and limitations according to the environment in which it is used
- Inspection and requirements for PPE
- General protection of workers and visitors
- Techniques of tightening, positioning and stopping the fall
- Selection and verification of anchor points;
- Stage climbing with fixed vertical safety systems
- Stage climbing with the twin lanyard system
- Emergency procedures and prevention of fall incidents
- Features and limitations of rescue equipment
- Saving a suspended person in a situation where it can easily be reached or not
Terms of Participation
Persons participating in the Working at Height Supervisor course must be medically fit to participate in height training and have a previous working experience at a height.
- The training group consists of 6 people
- The training fee will be provided per participant
Safety Academy graduates will receive an internationally recognized certificate valid for 1 year.
For each course held at the Safety Academy, there is the recertification option at the end of the expiry of the period of validity.
Complementary solutions with training for working at height
20 years experience in the field of safety.