HS12 Scaffolding Safety Course
Safe Scaffolding Usage course made by professionals. Includes live Simulation Practice Course and 50 Pages Coursebook of up-to-date Legislation and Rules.
Who is the Course for?
The course is addressed to all workers who assemble / disassemble and use scaffolding systems.
The course covers the following:
- What is a scaffold?
- Who uses scaffolding?
- Terms (definitions) related to scaffolding
- Components of a scaffold
- General scaffolding requirements
- Acceptance criteria for scaffolding placed on the ground
- Forklifts, front loaders or similar equipment support platforms
- Increasing working heights
- Access requirements
- What types of access can be used?
- Distances from power lines
- Fall protection systems
- Protection against falling objects
- Acceptance criteria for suspended scaffolding
- Competent people
- Qualified persons
- Training requirements
- Field of training
- Coach Qualifications
- Recommended training topics
- The danger of people falling from a height
- Danger of objects falling from a height
- Danger of scaffolding collapse
- Danger of electric shock
- Other hazards associated with working with / on scaffolding
- Hitting by vehicles
- Scaffolding instability due to wind
- Scaffolding instability due to vertical forces
- Over extension
- Assessing the risks associated with working on scaffolding
- Working safely on scaffolding means NOT ...
- Safe work on scaffolding - 10 accident prevention measures
- When is a scaffold inspected?
- Teaching inspections
- Post-teaching inspections
- Who is responsible?
- Who can inspect a scaffold?
- Are scaffolding certificates a legal requirement?
- Do you need to use Scafftags?
- The system and meaning of scaffolding labels
- Working at height - in short
- Suspension trauma
- Saving from a height
- Schematic presentation of protection and rescue equipment
- Description of PPE for work at height and rescue
- "A" - Anchor point
- "B" - Body ware (complex belt-harness)
- "C" - Connection (harness connection equipment with anchor point)
- "D" - Descendence and Rescue
- Select and use PPE for work at height
- How do I select and install a secure dock?
- How do I select the anchor point harness connection equipment?
- How to wear and use a harness?
- How do I attach and use a rope correctly?
- When is a deceleration device required?
- How do I install and use a "lifeline" system?
- Procedures for the correct use of self-retracting devices
- How is the fall distance estimated?
- How to avoid swinging during a fall?
- How do I inspect and maintain my equipment?
- How to perform a rescue as soon as a colleague falls?
- PPE check for work at height
- Equipment and mutual check (buddy check)
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Scaffolding check (components, stability, assembly correctness)
- Access and work on the scaffolding
- Rescue equipment description (Rollgliss)
- Saving a victim suspended from the scaffolding
- Age: minimum 18 years
- Good health
- “Work at Height Capable” Medical Certification
- HS0 Certification or Similar
Theoretical course / course location
- Safety Academy headquarters
- Beneficiary’s headquarters
- Duration: 8 hours
Practical course / course location
- Safety Academy headquarters or at the beneficiary’s headquarters
- Duration: 8 hours
Instructions for the theoretical part exam
The theoretical part of the course ends with a test. Make sure you read and master the material in each module to give the correct answer to the questions. Choose the correct answer. Each question has only one correct answer. To take the test you must answer all the questions. The scale for passing the test is at least 80% correct answers. If you have not reached the scale, come back and answer again.
Instructions for the practical part exam
The practical part of the course starts only after the test for the theoretical part has been passed. The programming for the practical part is done according to the trainers’ program. The practical part ends with an evaluation (practical test) of the degree of mastery of the student’s knowledge, made by the trainer. If the practical evaluation has been passed successfully, the certificate of graduation of the course is issued. The certificate is valid for 12 months.
Min. trainee number:
- Safety Academy HQ: 3 person
- Client HQ: 3 person
Safety Academy will schedule the practical course and will notify you when there is a group of at least 3 people.
Max. Trainee Number:
- At the Safety Academy headquarters: 6 person
- Client HQ: any
Price (Euro) without VAT: 200 euro / person
- Safety Academy headquarters theoretical course
- Safety Academy headquarters practice course
Price (Euro) without VAT: 250 euro / person
- Theoretical and practical course at the Client’s HQ
Complementary solutions with training for working at height
20 years experience in the field of safety.